To keep your home clean, you need to take time, effort, and absolute dedication. If you have hardwood floors in your house, you will have to determine if you should vacuum or sweep your floors. It’s also essential to consider if a broom or vacuum cleaner is best for you. Each person has a different preferred way to clean the hardwood floor. However, which one is better for your floors? To get the answer, let’s check out this post. We will help you to answer this question.
Sweeping with Brooms
The fact is that all household has dustpan and broom in their houses. What do you think? Is it better to sweep or vacuum your hardwood floors? One of the most popular ways people want to keep their house clean is sweeping with brooms.
When saying about the hardwood floors, it seems to be a good idea to sweep the floor since it doesn’t cause any risk of getting scratched. You do your cleaning task with the soft bristles of the broom. However, is it an effective cleaning tool for your hardwood floors? Let’s take a look at some advantages of sweeping hardwood floors below:
- Brooms are quiet since it doesn’t make any noise as the vacuum cleaner does. Moreover, you can use brooms at any point of the day as well as night.
- Brooms don’t require you to use the right attachments for cleaning. You can begin your task whenever you want.
- You haven’t to concern about belt or bag requirements when cleaning with brooms.
- You also needn’t maintenance for brooms. Moreover, you can also sweep with ease. This is a good consideration for your budget.
- The broom doesn’t make up much space to store it.
- The broom doesn’t require electricity to operate.
- It allows you to easily reach places where your vacuum cleaner may not reach.
- It doesn’t leave scrape marks as well as scratches behind.
People think that your hardwood floors may be damaged by vacuuming because of its hard brush attachments. That’s why many people choose to sweep their hardwood floors instead of vacuuming. However, vacuum cleaners have been advanced with the evolving technology these days.
They are designed to help the cleaning task become easier. You can choose from special soft-bristled brush attachments with a lot of models out there. Here are some advantages of vacuuming:
- If you use the right vacuum cleaner, it will be less labor-intensive.
- Vacuuming is a good consideration to save your time because it’s much faster than sweeping.
- Vacuuming doesn’t require you to empty the dustpan frequently.
- Vacuum cleaners are equipped with separate attachments. They can help you handle every situation at home. You can clean different types of floors, sofas, couches, as well as small nooks and corners with your vacuum cleaners thanks to several attachments.
- Vacuuming is a good solution for those who have allergies with the dust because it can kick the dust-up in the air.
- It helps to effectively deal with dirt and grime. Some models are equipped with a HEPA filtering system for more effective cleaning.
- The vacuum cleaners even can help to clean your blinds and drapes.
- The vacuum can help to clean your hardwood floor deeply, so it can increase the hardwood lifespan.
Why Vacuum is Better than Sweeping?
Vacuuming Means Effectiveness
There is a lot of reasons why we should use a good vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors. It can help to remove all the dirt as well as other impurities from your home. With an effective vacuum cleaner, you can do the hard work with less effort. Indeed, you can do your work in a short time.
Vacuum Cleaners Prevent Marking The Wood
With a vacuum cleaner, you can prevent the tiny pieces from marking your hardwood floors. It’s not a good option to sweep them since your brooms may spread the dirt. Vacuum cleaners are great options for pet owners.
Using The Right Tool to Achieve Better Results
Keep in mind all vacuum cleaners can give the expected results. You have to look for specific models made to perform well with hardwood floors. Some models are ideal for tiled floors and carpets, but not for wood floors. Therefore, it’s essential to do some research before deciding to buy any product.
Should you vacuum or sweep your hardwood floors? It’s up to you. Both grooming and vacuuming have their ways for particular situations. For example, for regular cleaning of hardwood floors, it’s a good idea to use a vacuum cleaner. However, the broom may be better for cleaning home after renovation.
In my opinion, vacuuming is better than a sweeping hardwood floor. As long as you use the vacuum cleaner properly, it will help to make your hardwood floors cleaner compared to sweeping or using a dry mop.